Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Updates Galore

SNOW DAY #5.  A lot of people are complaining on FB about the snow this morning.  I've said it once and I'll say it again:  when it's WINTER I want it to feel like WINTER.  That means it should be bitterly cold and snowing like whoa.  Even if we have to make the days up in June, I will always ALWAYS love a snow day.

RUNNING:  I made it a goal to run the Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon at the beginning of May.  I got some running gear (like these awesome Nike gloves) for Christmas.  I officially had my first 2014 run last night at the rec.  This is not counting the warm-up hell Ashlie and Amie have been making me do at school (AKA running the halls and running STAIRS.  Ew.).  I started with a run-walk mile (the track is an 11 lap mile that I alternated running and walking).  I ran (slowly jogged, really) the second mile.  In my head I was like YES.  I will run ALL 33 laps tonight.  But after the first slow mile I decided it was getting late, my music needed updating, and my knees hurt.  Better to do 2 miles on the first time out in ages, right?  I'll go for 3 next time.

WEIGHT:  See above.  Also, I have been kind of doing this Jillian Michaels DVD challenge via the bloggers I follow online.  Ashlie and Amie are doing it with much better success.  I have been really struggling to manage my time (she types as she sits in pjs, while drinking coffee, watching the Today Show, and blogs).  However, today is a new day.  I logged my current weight in MyFitnessPal (wanna follow me?  My MFP name is JULIEECONLEY) and entered last night's run into MapMyRun.  Clean eating is the current buzzword, and I've been doing a pretty good job at it.  I'm hoping it will help with a little weight loss.  Or a lot, since that's what I'm aiming for.  I have been documenting my exercise and better eating on a public Instagram account: RUNJULSIERUN is my name there.

*Possible reason I can't manage my time well: ALL the social media.*

FAMILY:  Reid's personality is becoming clearer by the day.  Yesterday he was demanding that I sit on the floor and color with him.  As we colored (we were on our bellies with the coloring book in front of us), he turned at one point, gave me a hug, and followed up with a kiss.  Then he sort of kept coloring, but still had an arm wrapped around me.  I wanted that moment to last forever.  A not as sweet moment happened later at dinner:  he looked me in the eye, smiled, and threw his food on the floor.  I guess he didn't like the food.  He also has a best friend... Lucy, our golden retriever.  When he wakes up, he looks around and sings, "Lucy? Lucy?  Where's Lucy?"  As I cook dinner Reid chases Lucy; he plays "Where's Lucy?" by putting a kitchen towel over her head; he rides Lucy while making horse sounds; and hugs and kisses Lucy; he hits Lucy and then gives "nice, gentle touches" when I come to her defense... And she loves him too!  If you've ever been around goldens you'll know they have a smile.  Lucy beams around this kid.



Aww.  

No comments:

Post a Comment