Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Bucket List

Ah, the New Year has arrived.  People are so doubtful and whiney about resolutions, but they aren't so terrible, are they?  January is a fresh start.  We've all been burned by the cliche resolutions, and maybe that's why people get pessimistic.  Especially the hard core gym folk--they hate cliche resolutions!  I can honestly say that in my 32 years, I've only been successful with one resolution:  to eat breakfast every day.  With that said, I am not resolving to fix anything this year.  Instead I am making a bucket list of 14 things I'd like to do/accomplish/achieve for the year 2014.

1.  Create the family yearbooks I've been wanting to make.  Make one for 2012, 2013 AND 2014.
2.  Lose 40 pounds (legit, it's GOTS TA GO).  If this happens, make a new goal and lose even more.
3.  Run the Flying Pig Half Marathon on May 4th (technically the Border Energy Half Marathon).
4.  Organize the basement including:  a wrapping station, laundry area, storage area, play area.  Throw down some stain on the unfinished floor (for cement!), chalk paint in the play area, and add electricity.
5.  Read and finish 14 books.  (First two I'll finish will be Allegient and The Book Thief)
6.  Run the Fort4Fitness Half Marathon on September 27th .  Beat last year's time (2:44).
7.  52 Week Savings Plan:  Save $1 week 1, $2 week 2, $3 week 3... etc.  Will add up to $1378.
8.  Attend a summer concert with Adam.
9.  Celebrate our marriage with a date night every 20th of the month (or as close as possible due to schedule).
10.  Throw Reid a low-key but sweet 2nd birthday party.
11.  Celebrate Father's Day with all the dads and grandpas.  Brunch here, fellas?
12.  Visit the ocean with my family.
13.  Put storm doors in... enjoy the breeze and watch thunderstorms with my boys/pup.
14.  Simplify my diet.  More real and fresh food!

Well that was fun.  Sounds good today, on January 2nd (Reid's 20 month birthday!!).  I hope I'm not scrambling to accomplish these in those last, busy weeks of the year.  ;)

And a little about today... It snowed a WHOLE lot (5-6 inches), so I cancelled going to school to work on 3rd quarter plans.  Reid and I stayed in pajamas (except when we spent 25 minutes bundling up to take the dogs out for a 3 minute potty break), baked muffins, watched Sesame Street ("Elmo" and "Abby" are two favorite words right now), and built a fort.  Here are a couple pictures:








2 comments:

  1. I forgot about your blog for awhile! So fun to read. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of forgot about it too! Hopefully it doesn't get too neglected when I'm back at school. ;)

    ReplyDelete