Saturday, December 17, 2011

19 weeks, 4 days

I have a problem, and I'm ready to admit it.

I am addicted to my baby.

Phew, I feel better.

Let me back up a little bit.  This morning started nicely with Adam's parents coming down.  We went to The Original Pancake House for breakfast (1/2 order of strawberry pancakes=YUM!) and then to the Dayton Mall.  While visiting the mall we popped into Gap.  Big mistake-everything in the store was 40% off.  After purchasing some new undergarments for my beloved husbie, I meandered over to the baby section and started looking at boy clothes (for the first time ever, might I add).  Oh crikey there was cute stuff... and it was cheap!  I ended up with a pile of adorable baby clothes.

These are just a few of the cute purchases today (adorable swimwear purchased by D'Anne).

  
After the mall, we bid farewell to one set of in-laws and spent a few hours with the Perilman side of the family at Marions Pizza for Alex's farewell party (cousin Katie's husband is off to the Middle East for 9 months).  After stuffing my face with Dayton's best, we went to Fairfield Commons.  I spent many-a-weekends at this mall in my teenage years.  This mall was the mall and included three Bath & Body Works, jCrew and all the "A" stores, as my mom put it.  Today it was overcrowded and missing many of my favorites.  It did have a Gap, but I resisted adding to my earlier purchases.  Mom and I then spent about 7 hours in the baby department at Macy's before we decided on two collections of Carters baby clothes.

Now I'm home and Adam's off celebrating graduation with his fire-people.  I thought I'd spend a nice evening catching up on Harry Potter #4 (I really need to finish this book!), perhaps grade some papers, maybe play with Lucy...

I have spent the entire evening looking up boy names, nursery ideas, furniture ideas, watching youTube tutorials on cloth diapers, reading blogs, looking up cute stuff on etsy, etc.  This baby isn't even here and he's already taken over my life!  I'm not complaining, but I really need to prioritize a little or I will never get anything accomplished ever again.

I can beat this, right?  I can get stuff done, right?  Oy.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, hilarious! Addicted to your baby.

    I have to admit to being kind of addicted too. I will have a stack of papers lying next to my laptop and when I check the clock again two hours will have passed...

    I totally enjoy reading your blog! We are both due on May 8th so let's keep in touch! Well, I quit my blog since I was busy.... feeding my addiction, basically. Glad you are part of mine now!

    ReplyDelete