Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 Weeks 5 Days

Below is an assortment of letters I have compiled over the first few weeks...

Sunday August 28, 2011

Dear Nugget(s),

It has been over a full twenty-four hours that I've known of your existence. I'm still trying to fathom the magnitude of everything, but I must admit... the majority of my emotions have been sheer elation.

Your Mom and I have been married 32 months now and we've been preparing for this long before then. We fell in love quickly and knew we were made for each other. We used to drive around a lot before we were married and scope out our ideal future home(s). Those homes were never about the two of us, we always envisioned our future family in them.

When Mom & I got married in December 2008, we just assumed you'd be right around the corner. We were wrong; sometimes things don't work the way you think they will and that's OK.

Over the past years, we have grown as a couple. I love your Mom more today than yesterday or even the day we were married.

I sit here on a Sunday afternoon with Lucy (she's the only one we've told so far) and we're watching the Reds. I hope you'll enjoy sitting with me when they're on TV. It's one of my favorite pastimes in the summer.

I hope to write often as you're progressing along. Know as you read this that I've loved you long before you came to be and will love you always.

Dad

Wednesday August 31, 2011

Dear Nugget(s), 

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I can't believe how busy I've been this week, but that also makes me think of something; no matter how much you have going on, always remember to make time for yourself and your loved ones. I intend to do a good job of this, so remind me if you ever feel left out or that I'm falling short.

Mom got blood work done today, your numbers are good and we're moving right along. It's also the last day of August, next year at this time, you'll be napping with me (it will be a Friday afternoon too, so we probably won't be going to a high school football game).

We have a lot to get in order for you. Just thinking about it makes me tired! It will all be worth it though.

Again, I look forward to your arrival and enjoy your development!

Love,
Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment