Friday, July 5, 2013

Fireworks and Vinegar

Yesterday was the 4th of July.  Last year Reid was a wee baby of 2 months and because it was 90+ degrees at 10am, we didn't attend the Centerville Americana Parade that Adam was in.  (He's a part time fire fighter. So hot.).  I had no desire to try that out on my own.  If I remember correctly, I sat on the couch and nursed/watched tv/ate PB m&ms.  This year was entirely and completely different. I woke up in the 6 o'clock hour, went for a 3 mile run (what?!), returned home and did the 30 Day Shred, then stood in the pouring rain and watched the parade.  And like a bad mom boss we did it all without an umbrella.  It was worth it when Reid and his Dada locked eyes.  My mom captured this photo:

Then we went to Belle Center for the traditionally awesome fireworks.  Reid was dressed in navy and white stars OshGosh overalls (because as Shlie said, when else in your life is it acceptable to wear overalls with stars?)  Reid stayed up all the way until 5 minutes before the fireworks started, then slept through them all.  Even the big boomy ones. 
Chillin, chillin, relaxin so cool.

Today I woke up in a pissy mood.  It might be because we didn't get home until around 1am.  Or maybe it's because the weather is crummy for the 529th day in a row.  Either way, Adam picked up on it.  He brought me a Starbucks (venti caramel vanilla latte) and wisked the tot to Columbus for lunch with one of his out-of-town friends.  So I got the late morning/midafternoon to myself.  Naturally I took advantage and cleaned out the DVR while painting my nails.  Yeah right.  Actually, I did my Shred workout and got some cleaning done.  I've been putting off cleaning our shower because it's narsty, but it had to be done.  I used some ideas ala Pinterest.

Soak paper towels in vinegar and leave around faucets for 30+ minutes.  We have hard water and this is actually WORKING to remove he white crusties (doing a 2nd soak right now).

Not actually cleaning this... defrosting a peach/pineapple/spinach smoothie for later.  YUM.

Thank God we have another jug of this in the basement.  I just used it for our every month coffee pot detox.

Blue Dawn + hot Vinegar shower spray down.  PLEASE WORK!

Sporting one of my new BradyBands.  So far I'm LOVING it on my misshapen head that never works with wraparound headbands.

Doesn't everyone eat their watermelon in a serving bowl with a sprinkling of salt?

Now that everything is soaking, I can enjoy my melon & smoothie and catch up on RHONJ.  And paint my nails. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment