Tuesday, May 15, 2012

1 week, 6 days old

Tomorrow my baby boy will be two weeks old.  I am shocked by this.  I can't believe how quickly the two weeks have gone by, and it makes me nervous for how fast his babyhood may pass by.  As much as I want to see him grow, I'd love for him to stay squishy and cuddly forever.

Things that have surprised me in the last 2 weeks:
-When the pedi office calls, they ask for "Reid's mom"
-Reid can already hold his head up pretty well and makes eye contact.
-Newborns do have a personality!
-Reid makes a lot of the same faces as his daddy.
-Getting peed on happens daily, and although annoying, it isn't gross.

We went in to the pedi this morning for Reid's two-week check.  He is up to 7lbs 13oz (birth weight 8lbs 3 oz) and 20 1/2 inches long (birth 20 in).  I really like our pedi as she seems to adore baby boy.  :)

Reid's pretty photogenic--here are a few pictures to prove my point.  Enjoy!


Being held by Auntie Shlie. Reid's cuddling the sock monkey that Uncle Nickus got him.



Snuggled up in his SnuggaBunny chair.



So comfy.




First cloth diaper (12 days old)!  Reid's wearing a Kissas Newborn All in One.  It seemed a little big around the legs, but didn't leak.




The same pose we saw in his 20 week ultrasound and 30 week 3D/4D ultrasounds.




Soooo excited to see more of our naked baby newborn shots... this was a preview posted on FB by our photographer.  YUM!!




1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going well so far! Love reading these updates. :)

    ReplyDelete