Thursday, September 15, 2011

6 weeks, 2 days

So yesterday was exciting.

I got my diploma from Miami officially stating my Master's status.

And we heard our little nugget's heartbeat.

I had totally talked myself out of even the chance we'd hear a heartbeat.  I knew it was 50/50 and I didn't want to be disappointed.  But it was clear as day and beating strong at 119 bpm.  The doctor said above 100 is what they want to see.  We also received our EDD (estimated due date) which is May 8th, 2012.  Mark your calendars, people.  This will be a day to celebrate.

And we got ultrasound pictures.  Sure, it looks a little like a teeny blob, but it's proof that something is cooking in there.  I needed a picture to confirm.

Yes, we celebrated.  Normal people hug and kiss, and yeah we did that... but then we ate.  I wanted to head in the direction of The Greene and we ended up at Cheesecake Factory.  Normally I am all about Cheesecake Factory.  The menu is HUGE and could satisfy even the pickiest eater.  But not necessarily a pregnant eater.  There were certain dinners that sounded good, but then they'd have an element to make it off-limits like bleu cheese or raw fish.  I am NOT complaining, but it was definitely a different kind of experience.  In case you wondered, I settled on salmon, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  I ate maybe 1/50th of the entire meal.  Why do restaurants serve such ginormous portions??

Then today when I was getting ready for school I tried on at least 4 outfits and settled on the one I didn't look as massive in.  I know I'm not showing--the baby is the size of a grain of rice for crying out loud--but I am definitely feeling puffier than usual.  It's totally gross.  I may have to go back into my summer dresses, even though they also make me look pregnant... wait, I am pregnant.  Is it okay to look pregnant when you shouldn't look pregnant and it's just because your're bloaty?  There has to be some Yiddish word for this... Grandma Marge, wish you had a computer and could help me out here!

And so far we haven't told any friends or family.  It's pretty weird keeping this a secret.  Okay, it's also weird to be blatantly lying about it.  I have really tried to cover my tracks, but there are probably suspicions anyway.  We went to Valley Vineyard and I didn't drink.  I'm positive that raised some eyebrows.  Tomorrow is Ashlie's Scentsy party.  With booze.  And baby spies.  I think I'll get a glass of wine and hold it.  Maybe that'll give me a few more weeks.  Or I'll just lie some more.

**For those of you who I did lie to (there are too many to name... sad, I know), please understand it wasn't meant to upset you.  I try very hard not to be a liar, but this was such a personal and special secret that Adam and I wanted to keep to ourselves until the time was right.  We love you!**

No comments:

Post a Comment