Saturday, April 21, 2012

37 weeks, 4 days

Letters from Pa (Part IX)

Saturday April 21, 2012

Dear __________,

You have to love the element of surprise! Keeping your identity secret is one of the most impressive things I've done in my life. I've never been one to keep secrets and we've been keeping you secret since Christmas. That's right, we picked your name on Christmas morning, cool little slice of trivia, eh?

Today has been a productive day. Well, the past month has been a productive month, to be honest. Your mom and I have been able to hang out a bit, take some longish weekend drives, get things in order, and stay busy enough to keep our mind off of how our world is about to blown to pieces (in a good way).

I'm on call all day today through tomorrow morning, so I'm getting to watch a lot of TV, finish up tasks/chores, and relax a bit. Last night, I got a pizza for the family. I mowed the yard before the rain came. I put out a fire in a back yard. I cleaned the inside of my car and washed the windows just in time for it to rain.

I'm off now to finish cleaning the kitchen and then downward to the basement. The delivery people came today with your glider... as soon as I get the shelves hung, your room is complete!

I have to get going. Kick some more for mom, it keeps her sane!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment